For The Dough:
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
3 Tbsp Cream Cheese
3 Eggs, divided
1/2 Cup Almond Flour
1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Xanthan Gum (optional)
For the Sausage Filling:
1 lb Ground Sausage
1/4 Cup Pork Rinds (crushed)
1/4 Cup Minced White Onion
1/4 Cup Minced Celery
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1. Pre Heat oven to 400 F. Melt the shredded mozzarella and the cream cheese in a frying pan over medium heat. (This step can also be done in a microwave) Remove from the heat, then stir the melted cheeses until they’re well combined. Using a mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and 2 of the eggs to the cheese mixture. Mix until well combined.
2. In a large bowl, mix the raw sausage (removed from the casings) with the minced onion and celery. Add the crushed pork rinds, onion and garlic powder and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
3. Along one side of a long piece of parchment paper, spread the dough into a long tube (approx 20 “). Fold the parchment paper in half over the dough tube. Use your hands or a rolling pin to press the dough into a flat rectangle. I folded the edges of the parchment paper and dough, then pressed it back down with the edge still folded, to make a nice flat edge.
4. Once you have a nice long rectangle, spread the sausage mixture evenly along one side of it. Leave about an inch to seal the dough. Then brush the edge with beaten egg. Use the parchment paper to flip tho dough over the line of sausage. Press the dough gently together until sealed.
5. Divide the sausage rolls into 10, 2” sections, then use a knife to cut the rolls. Place the rolls on their side (dough down) on a parchment paper lined baking pan. Poke each of the rolls with a knife, then generously brush with the remaining beaten egg. Bake for 25 -30 minutes.
– To keep the sausage rolls from getting soggy, I switched out the greasy piece of parchment paper for a fresh piece half way through baking. (I had a second pan ready to go)
– For the last few minute of baking, I turned my oven to broil. Then turned the rolls on their sides to brown the edges a bit more. When doing this step, make sure to watch them very closely.
This Recipe Makes 10 Keto Sausage Rolls.
Nutritional Info – 1 Batch of Keto Sausage Rolls = 10 Servings | 1 Serving/ 1 Roll =
200 Cal | 15.3 g Fat | 4.6 g Carbs | 1.8 g Fibre | 1.2 g Sugar | 11.5 g Protein
Recipe from: www.officiallyglutenfree.com